Surface Pro 5 July 2017 update now rolling out
Microsoft is rolling out new firmware updates to Surface Pro 5 devices to revise system power reporting.
The new firmware update will revise system power reporting. The update is listed as a “July 13 release” on the Surface Pro 5 Update History page.
- Changelog for July 13, 2017 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for July 13, 2017 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – Firmware –233.1763.257.0||Surface System Aggregator
233.1763.257.0 revises system power reporting.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 5 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 5
- Surface Pro 5 with LTE