How long will Microsoft support Surface Book 3?
According to Surface lifecycle documentation, Microsoft Surface Book 3 will reach the end of its driver and firmware updates on May 26, 2024. The company promises to support all Surface devices starting from its release date for at least four years.
|Device||Release Date||End of Servicing Date|
|Surface Book 3||May 26, 2020||May 26, 2024|
After the end of servicing date, Surface Book 3 devices will continue to receive Windows OS feature and security updates as long as it meets minimum hardware requirements for any future Windows OS.
In some conditions, Microsoft will consider releasing additional updates if there are critical security issues for Surface Book 3 devices that can only fix through patching the firmware. For instance, the Surface Pro 5 came out in 2017, yet it remains supported until 2024.
When did Microsoft release the last drivers and firmware update for Surface Book 3?
Here are the last three drivers and firmware updates for Microsoft Surface Book 3:
- Can you upgrade Surface Book 3 SSD?
- Does Surface Book 3 have Thunderbolt 3 port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have USB-A port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have USB-C port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have headphone Jack?
- Does Surface Book 3 support WiFi 6?
- Does Surface Book 3 support Windows Hello?
- How to charge Surface Book 3 via USB-C?
- How to properly shut down a Surface Book 3?
- What processors is in Microsoft Surface Book 3?
More on Surface Book 3
Here are all the recent related articles you might want to check out: