How long will Microsoft support Surface Book 2?
According to Surface lifecycle documentation, Microsoft Surface Book 2 will reach the end of its driver and firmware updates on May 30, 2023. The company promises to support all Surface devices starting from its release date for at least four years.
|Device||Release Date||End of Servicing Date|
|Surface Book 2||November 17, 2017||May 30, 2023|
After the end of servicing date, Surface Book 2 devices will continue to receive Windows OS feature and security updates as long as it meets minimum hardware requirements for any future Windows OS.
In some conditions, Microsoft will consider releasing additional updates if there are critical security issues for Surface Book 2 devices that can only fix through patching the firmware. For instance, the Surface Pro 5 came out in 2017, yet it remains supported until 2024.
When did Microsoft release the last drivers and firmware update for Surface Book 2?
Here are the last three drivers and firmware updates for Microsoft Surface Book 2:
- Surface Book 2View
This update addresses security vulnerability and improves system stability and performance.
- Can you upgrade Surface Book 2 SSD?
- Does Surface Book 2 have SD Card Slot?
- Does Surface Book 2 have USB-A port?
- Does Surface Book 2 have USB-C port?
- Does Surface Book 2 support External GPU (eGPU)?
- Does Surface Book 2 support Wi-Fi 6?
- Does Surface Book 2 support Windows Hello?
- How to charge Surface Book 2 via USB-C?
- How to properly shut down a Surface Book 2?
- What’s ports on Microsoft Surface Book 2?
More on Surface Book 2
Here are all the recent related articles you might want to check out:
- How to Connect Xbox Controller to Surface with Xbox Wireless Support
- How To Boot Surface Book 1-3 From A USB Drive
- The 3 easy ways to adjust Surface Book’s screen brightness
- Surface Book 2 Deal: Save up to 300$ on select Microsoft Surface Book 2 models
- How to disable the discrete GPU on Microsoft Surface Book
- Best Power Banks for Microsoft Surface in 2023