Microsoft Surface Book 2 FAQs: Everything you need to know!
Looking to learn more about Microsoft Surface Book 2? We've got you covered, here are our comprehensive Microsoft Surface Book 2 frequently asked questions that should clear up all your queries.
Microsoft Surface Book 2 is now the most powerful Surface that delivers the ultimate in performance and versatility without compromise. It uses the latest Dual-Core 7th or Quad-Core 8th Generation Intel Core i5 and i7, up to 16GB, and optional NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 or 1060 graphics for the best laptop experience. It’s now available in 13.5-inch and 15-inch models with a stunning PixelSense™ Display with the latest Surface Pen support.
It’s better to know more about this device before you make a purchase decision, and here is our comprehensive Microsoft Surface Book 2 frequently asked questions that should clear up all your queries. We will try to cover all Surface Book question segments including display, battery, performance, software, and design.
- Surface Book 2 Design, Configuration & Purchasing Q&As
- Surface Book 2 Display & Screen Q&As
- Surface Book 2 Battery & Power Q&As
- Surface Book 2 Performance Q&As
- Surface Book 2 Software & Compatibility Q&As
- Surface Book 2 Comparison Q&As
- Surface Book 2 Miscellaneous Q&As
Here is the price of Surface Book 2:
- Surface Book 2 13.5-inch
$1499 - i5 | 8 GB | 256 GB $1999 - i7 | 8 GB | 256 GB | GTX 1050 $2499 - i7 | 16 GB | 512 GB | GTX 1050 $2999 - i7 | 16 GB | 1 TB | GTX 1050
- Surface Book 2 15-inch
$2499 - i7 | 16 GB | 256 GB | GTX 1060 $2899 - i7 | 16 GB | 512 GB | GTX 1060 $3299 - i7 | 16 GB | 1 TB | GTX 1060
- 13-inch Surface Book 2 Intel Core i5 12.3” x 9.14” x 0.51”-0.90” (312 mm x 232 mm x 13 mm-23 mm)
- 13-inch Surface Book 2 Intel Core i7 12.3” x 9.14” x 0.59”-0.90” (312 mm x 232 mm x 15 mm-23 mm)
- 15-inch Surface Book 2 Intel Core i7 13.5” x 9.87” x 0.57”-0.90” (343 mm x 251 mm x 15 mm-23 mm)
- 13-inch Surface Book 2 Intel Core i5
- Total 3.38 lbs (1,533 g)
- Tablet 1.59 lbs (719 g)
- 13-inch Surface Book 2 Intel Core i7
- Total 3.62 lbs (1,642 g)
- Tablet 1.59 lbs (719 g)
- 15-inch Surface Book 2 Intel Core i7
- Total 4.20 lbs (1,905 g)
- Tablet 1.80 lbs (817 g)
Here are all available ports on the Surface Book 2:
- 2 x Full-size USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 1 x USB Type-C with video, power in/out, and USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 1 x 3.5mm headphone jack
- 1 x Full-size SD™ card reader (UHS-II)
- 1 x Surface Connect (in the base)
- 1 x Surface Connect (in the tablet)
- 5.0MP 1080p video @30FPS (front)
- 8.0MP 1080p video @30FPS with auto-focus (rear)
Microsoft Surface Book 2 has two processor configurations:
- 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-7300U
- Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 620.
- Base Frequency: 2.60 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency: 3.20 GHz
- Cache: 3 MB SmartCache
- 2 cores, 4 threads
- 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8650U
- Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620.
- Base Frequency: 1.90 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency: 4.20 GHz
- Cache: 8 MB SmartCache
- 4 cores, 8 threads
Microsoft Surface Book 2 was:
- Announced on October 17, 2017.
- Preordered on November 9, 2017
- Available on November 16, 2017.
- 13-inch Surface Book 2 Intel Core i5 is totally fanless.
- 13-inch Surface Book 2 Intel Core i7 only tablet section is fanless.
- 15-inch Surface Book 2 has fans inside both tablet and base section.
- Surface Book 2 13.5-inch 3000 x 2000 (267 PPI), 6M Pixels
- Surface Book 2 15-inch 3240 x 2160 (260 PPI), 7M Pixels
For more information, check:
- Surface Book 2 13inch with Intel Core i5
Clipboard: 18 Wh Base: 51 Wh
- Surface Book 2 13-inch with Intel Core i7
Clipboard: 18 Wh Base: 57.3 Wh
- Surface Book 2 15-inch
Clipboard: 23 Wh Base: 67 Wh
For more information check:
You can charge your Surface Book 2 in two ways:
- Use the OEM charger came with your Surface Book 2 – Plug the charger to the power source and plug the Surface Connect connector to the charging port on the right side of Surface Book 2. It’s a magnet and reversible connector and it’s an official and recommended charging method by Microsoft.
- Use a USB charger – The USB-C port on Surface Book 2 supports Power Delivery 3.0 that allows you to charge the device via a USB charger.
To reset your Surface Book 2, plug in your Surface Book 2 so you don’t run out of power during the refresh.
- Open Settings > Update & Security.
- Select Recovery.
- Under “Reset this PC“, select Get started.
- Choose either Keep my files or Remove everything.
- If you choose to Remove everything, you can choose to clean only the drive where Windows is installed and all drives.
- Next, you will have the option to just remove my files and remove files and clean the drive. The option to clean the drive is more secure but takes much longer. For example, if you are recycling your Surface, you should clean the drive. If you are keeping your Surface, you just need to remove your files.
- Select Reset.
Surface Book 2 will restart and the Surface logo appears during the reset process (this can take several minutes).
Best Accessories for Microsoft Surface
With the right set of accessories, you can boost your Surface's productivity to the next level. Here we have some of the best accessories you should get for your Surface devices.
Those are the top must-have accessories for Microsoft Surface devices so far. With Surface Pen, Surface Dock, Surface Precision Mouse, and microSD card will significantly increase your Surface performance, storage, and productivity.