How to properly shut down a Surface Go 2?
Why do you need to properly shut down your Surface Go 2?
Here are several reasons that you will need to properly shut down your Surface Go 2:
- Apply and install all pending firmware, drivers, and Windows update.
- Refresh your laptop’s system resources for faster performance.
- Preventing battery drain issues.
- Preventing device overheating when keeping in the bag.
Important Make sure you save all your works before you shut down your computer or you might lose your unsaved documents when you shut down your laptop.
How to shut down your Surface Go 2 via Start Menu?
To shut down your Surface Go 2 via Start Menu:
- Select the Start icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the Power button next to the start menu.
- Select the “Shut down” button from the pop-up list.
How to shut down your Surface Go 2 via Power Button?
Every Surface device has a power button and you can shut down your Surface Go 2 via the power button too. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button (about 3s).
- Wait until you see the message “Slide to shut down your PC”.
- Use your finger to slide the lock screen down to shut down your device
- Or use your mouse pointer to click, hold, and move the lock screen down to shut down your device.
Note If you want to go back without shutting down your device, press any key or just slide the lock screen up to go back.
Here are some more related Surface Go 2 questions:
- Does Surface Go 2 support WiFi 6?
- Does Surface Go 2 support Face ID?
- Does Surface Go 2 support eGPU (External GPU)?
- Does Surface Go 2 have USB-A port?
- Does Surface Go 2 have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Go 2 have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Go 2 have USB-C port?
- Does Surface Go 2 have headphone Jack?
- Is Surface Go 2 keyboard backlit?
- What processors is in Microsoft Surface Go 2?
Best Accessories for Microsoft Surface
With the right set of accessories, you can boost your Surface's productivity to the next level. Here we have some of the best accessories you should get for your Surface devices.
Those are the top must-have accessories for Microsoft Surface devices so far. With Surface Pen, Surface Dock, Surface Precision Mouse, and microSD card will significantly increase your Surface performance, storage, and productivity.
More on Surface Go 2
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out: