How to properly shut down a Surface Laptop 4
Don't know how to shut down your Surface Laptop 4 in a proper way. Here we listed the recommended ways to properly shut down your Surface Laptop 4.
There are many ways to shut down or turn off your Surface Laptop 4 when you finished your work and you want to make sure that your laptop is completely turned off without draining more battery. It’s also a good idea to restart your laptop once a week to make sure your laptop can install any pending updates and refresh your system memory to improve your laptop’s performance.
Today we will show you the two common methods to properly shut down your Surface Laptop 4:
Important Make sure you save all your works before you shut down your computer. You will lose your unsaved documents when you shut down your laptop.
Welcome to Quick Tips, a series where we cover every little thing about Microsoft Surface and Its Accessories-related topics with an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide.
How to shut down your Surface Laptop 4 via Start Menu?
To shut down your Surface Laptop 4 via Start Menu:
- Select the Start icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the Power button next to the start menu.
- Select the “Shut down” button from the pop-up list.
How to shut down your Surface Laptop 4 via Power Button?
Every Surface device has a power button and you can shut down your Surface Laptop 4 via the power button too. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button (about 3s).
- Wait until you see the message “Slide to shut down your PC”.
- Use your finger to slide the lock screen down to shut down your device
- Or use your mouse pointer to click, hold, and move the lock screen down to shut down your device.
Note If you want to go back without shutting down your device, press any key or just slide the lock screen up to go back.
Here are some more related Surface Laptop 4 questions:
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have headphone jack?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have HDMI port?
- Is Surface Laptop 4 keyboard backlit?
- Is Surface Laptop 4 fanless?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 support WiFi 6?
- How to charge Surface Laptop 4 via USB-C?
- Can you charge Surface Laptop 4 via USB-C?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have Face Unlock?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 support External GPU (eGPU)?
- Does Surface Laptop 4 have USB-A port?
Best Accessories for Microsoft Surface
With the right set of accessories, you can boost your Surface's productivity to the next level. Here we have some of the best accessories you should get for your Surface devices.
Those are the top must-have accessories for Microsoft Surface devices so far. With Surface Pen, Surface Dock, Surface Precision Mouse, and microSD card will significantly increase your Surface performance, storage, and productivity.
More on Surface Laptop 4
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out:
- How to Manually Download and Install Surface Laptop 4 Drivers and Firmware
- Best Surface Laptop 4 USB Adapters, Hubs, and Docks 2021
- Best Surface Laptop 4 Cases and Sleeves 2021
- Best Surface Laptop 4 Accessories 2021
- How to disable secure boot on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4
- Ultimate Tips and Tricks for Mastering Microsoft Surface Laptop 4